Access Statement for Golden Lion House
Golden Lion House is a grade two star listed Georgian property close to the centre of Ashburton.All of our large, uncluttered bedrooms are on the first floor, reached via spacious hallways and a wide staircase. There are also three steps up to our front door. We have private parking spaces for all our guests in Golden Lion Court, the road to the side of our property.
• We are located in the heart of Ashburton, less than a mile's drive on a good road from the A38.
• Shops, pubs and restaurants can all be reached in a couple of minutes, down a small hill into the town centre
• The nearest bus stops are a hundred yards away, with an hourly service to Plymouth and Exeter during the day
• The nearest railway station is Newton Abbot, about five miles away. Taxis are usually available.
• There are several local taxi companies. We can make bookings in advance for you.
• We are unable to accommodate dogs.
• Our website www.goldenlionhouse.com provides pictures of our accommodation and further information.
• You can contact us by telephone or e-mail. See the Contact Information section for full details
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
• Please advise us of your anticipated arrival time, so that we can be sure we are here to welcome you.
• To ensure your accommodation is ready, we ask that guests do not normally arrive before 4 p.m. However, earlier arrival may be possible by prior arrangement.
• Parking is in bays marked 58 East Street on Golden Lion Court, which runs along side our house
• We are happy to offer assistance with luggage
Main Entrance, Reception & Ticketing Area
• There are three six inch steps up to the front door, beneath a sheltered porch
• Knock or ring on your arrival. Our house has five floors, so we may take a few seconds to reach the door.
• If there is no answer, please phone us - if we are in the attic or cellar, we may not have heard the doorbell.
• Our front door is three foot eight inches wide and easily negotiated.
Public Areas - Hall, Stairs, Landing, Corridors etc
• The ground floor has a central hallway, more than five feet wide in all parts leading to the breakfast room and main staircase. The flooring is wooden laminate.
• There is a toilet accessed from the hallway, which guests can use.
• There are twenty stairs to the first floor, with a wooden banister on one side. The stairs are each a foot wide and carpeted. There is a turn in the staircase after twelve steps, with ample room for a chair to provide a midway rest.
• The staircase leads to a large, open, carpeted landing, with direct access to the four bedrooms.
• There is a full length mirror on the landing.
• A rack containing information leaflets on local restaurants and attractions is located on top of the linen press on the landing.
Public Areas - Sitting room, lounges, lobbies etc
• The breakfast room is carpeted, with four tables each suitable for two guests.
• Each table has a height clearance of 25 inches
• The chairs are upright with upholstered seats.
Bedrooms & Sleeping Areas
• All our bedrooms are en suite. They are carpeted, with blackout blinds and curtains
• Each room has radiators with thermostats that can be individually controlled